New Opportunities in an era of COVID, Brexit and Off Payroll legislation
4 January 2021
It Continues Now would like to wish everyone in the B2B sector a happy new year – the End Clients on projects, our service delivery partners Contractor Umbrella Ltd, Volt Europe Ltd, Rawcliffe & Co and to Boomi® whose fine product we promote as an iPaaS.
There are challenges on many fronts in the business environment currently and we would like to make our position clear on a number on these topics:
- COVID: First we give our thanks to keyworkers for their bravery to prevent a complete meltdown and extend our condolence to those bereaved, suffering long-COVID or finding themselves unable to see friends/relatives in care settings. We can only hope the vaccines move us something towards normal state in 2021. For now, we will only work remotely, and we see this likely continuing until at least Q3 2021. The good news is that the event has coincided with a great technical advancement in broadband and collaborative internet software tools and by getting used to this way of working hopefully we all become a bit “greener” in future by not driving and flying as much.
- Brexit: The UK government agreed an extremely late deal with the European Union in December 2020. There is some comment it is a bit “thin” and there could be unexpected problems in the coming weeks. It Continues Now will be keeping a close eye in Q1 2021 on how things play out for sub-contractors of IT services. We hope, by selecting an appropriate partner, we will be available to tender for business again in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany from Q2 2021.
- Off Payroll: The UK government has a very misguided understanding of the contract market for the sale of project related IT services. In response we have made a contingency agreement with Contractor Umbrella Ltd should an End-Client issue an “inside” Status Determination Statement. All service quotations from Q2 2021 will be prepared for both “inside” and “outside” and the End-Client in the supply chain for the project can then issue a Status Determination Statement as they see appropriate. We have also has agreed private investor funding to replace the portion of revenue that we would normally have re-invested to ensure research and staff development continues.
On a more positive note...Boomi®
Since spring 2020 we have been a member of the Boomi Partner Programme, and in the context of the above we report the following
- Our activities relating to the marketing, promotion, sales of service relating to Boomi® remain unchanged by the Brexit and Off Payroll topics.
- COVID has given the benefit of “no travel”. Staff have reinvested that time as part of their personal development and made great advances in the last year getting our “Use Cases” set-up ready for market in 2021. Demonstrations with existing and potential Clients has begun. Q2 2021 we will start to publish white papers and articles on this site as we take services to market – it is time for B2B Point-to-Point data exchanges to be re-imagined and unleashed using the power of Boomi®.
Boomi® is a registered trademark of Boomi Inc, a Dell Technologies Company. It Continues Now Ltd is an independent UK based company. Our membership of the Boomi Partnership Programme does not imply any ownership or liability of Boomi Inc for the services we provide to Clients.